Art Center LLC COVID-19 Policy
The Art Center LLC (Studio) COVID-19 Policy is outlined below. It includes information about health and safety practices for Staff, registered students, and their families. As the Studio adapts to its new operating model and manages compliance with local laws, this policy may change. The latest version of the Policy will be as posted on this website and updated from time to time.
Studio Waiver for Registered Students
- All registered students must sign a Waiver that includes a COVID-19 risk acknowledgement and safety commitment that ensures students are not exhibiting symptoms before drop-off and have not had exposure to COVID-19 within 2 weeks of attendance.
- By signing the waiver, students and parents of students are committing to ensure
- Children are reminded about health + safety practices while attending classes at Studio.
- Studio is notified of any COVID-19 exposure or infection, or potential exposure or infection, so that safety protocols can be applied.
- The studio is not responsible for illness or injury incurred as a result of class attendance.
- This Waiver will be on file and applicable to any follow up classes.
- A new Waiver may be requested for students returning after non-consecutive sessions.
Personal Protection and Physical Distancing
- Class sizes have been reduced to 4 students per class to allow space for physical distancing.
- Each student and parent/guardian must wear a protective face mask at all times and practice physical distancing when inside the Studio.
- Teachers and staff must wear masks and practice physical distancing when inside the Studio.
- Group worktables will include plexiglass dividers and work stations will be safely distanced.
- Signage will be posted in bathrooms to remind students of proper handwashing steps.
- Hand sanitizer will be accessible in every classroom. Students will be required to use it upon entering.
- Class breaks will no longer take place as a group in the lounge. Students will bring their own water bottle and snacks and store them in a dedicated place.
- Physical distancing will be required during any fresh air breaks taken on the Studio property.
- Physical distancing markers will be provided where appropriate.
Student Drop-off Protocols
- There will be a separate door to enter for students attending art class and a dedicated door for students attending sewing class.
- Parents can no longer wait in the building while class is in session.
- Registration transactions and paperwork completed in the building will be limited to 15-minutes.
- Students may have their temperature checked by Studio staff upon entering the Studio. Parents must wait 3 minutes before leaving the parking lot. Any child with a temperature above 99 degrees will be sent out of the building to return to their parent/guardian and unable to attend class.
Studio Cleaning & Sanitizing
- Public surfaces and class tools will be cleaned and sanitized prior to each class with disinfectant and/or UV light.
- Restrooms and common areas will be sanitized before each class by Staff and the facility will be cleaned and sanitized weekly.
Class Cancellation or Studio Closure
- Art Center LLC will comply with local laws for business closure due to COVID-19 risk.
- If COVID-19 exposure occurs within the Art Center LLC community (Staff, students and/or families), the Studio will respond with the following steps:
- Follow local laws and contact the Health Department for business protocols
- Notify all students via email about the risk and communicate the Studio’s cleaning and sanitizing plan and announce whether or not a temporary closure is necessary.
- If classes are canceled due to COVID-19 exposure or local compliance, class credits will be issued for future registrations.